Selection of tools and methods; guides and manuals; resource materials; and links to other relevant WASH in Schools web sites.
This is an adapted plan for a water and general hygiene course developed in Yemen and based on the book Life skills-based hygiene education . This plan can create some ideas for support and help to schools in developing countries. It has been drawn up by Nadeem Al-Murshedi, a teacher trainer and researcher from Yemen.
The costs of water and sanitation in schools: Bangladesh
A study conducted in 2013 in 117 schools in six sub-districts in Bangladesh has looked into the costing of school facilities. It costs at least US$ 10 per student to construct water and sanitation facilities in schools. And another US$ 1.40 per student per year for all recurrent costs including continuous support for hygiene promotion.
- Breaking the Next Taboo: Menstrual Hygiene within CLTS
- The Human Right to Water and Sanitation
- WASHplus Weekly: Focus on Menstrual Hygiene Management
- #MenstruationMatters in Bangladeshi schools
- Proceedings of the Menstrual Hygiene Management in Schools Virtual Conference 2014
- Advancing WASH in schools monitoring – new UNICEF publication