Selection of tools and methods; guides and manuals; resource materials; and links to other relevant WASH in Schools web sites.
This is an adapted plan for a water and general hygiene course developed in Yemen and based on the book Life skills-based hygiene education. This plan can create some ideas for support and help to schools in developing countries. It has been drawn up by Nadeem Al-Murshedi, a teacher trainer and researcher from Yemen.
Menstruation and girls' education
A Twitter chat on menstrual hygiene has resulted in an extensive list of opinions and resources. Check out the storified Twitter chat.
- Proceedings of the Menstrual Hygiene Management in Schools Virtual Conference
- Impact of WASH in improving health of school children reviewed
- Creative measures improve sanitation programmes in eight African countries
- Nov 21, 2013 – Virtual Menstrual Hygiene Management in WASH in Schools Conference
- Latin American and Caribbean countries agree on joint sanitation monitoring
- Equity of Access to WASH in Schools: A Comparative Study of Policy and Service Delivery