Question & Answer Service
Here you can ask a question on water, sanitation and hygiene in schools, or find an answer in the list of Frequently Asked Questions.
Answers to frequently asked questions on objectives, concepts, basic principles and some practical hints.
The costs of water and sanitation in schools: Bangladesh
A study conducted in 2013 in 117 schools in six sub-districts in Bangladesh has looked into the costing of school facilities. It costs at least US$ 10 per student to construct water and sanitation facilities in schools. And another US$ 1.40 per student per year for all recurrent costs including continuous support for hygiene promotion.
- Breaking the Next Taboo: Menstrual Hygiene within CLTS
- The Human Right to Water and Sanitation
- WASHplus Weekly: Focus on Menstrual Hygiene Management
- #MenstruationMatters in Bangladeshi schools
- Proceedings of the Menstrual Hygiene Management in Schools Virtual Conference 2014
- Advancing WASH in schools monitoring – new UNICEF publication