Here you can join the discussion on the SSHE Forward Yahoo! group, find out more about WASH in Schools events and e-debates.
This is the name of the Yahoo! group discussion list, set up in 2004. It is used to share knowledge on WASH in Schools and everyone interested in WASH in Schools is invited to join the group.
Yes, hygiene and school enrolment are directly proportional
In Bangladesh the standard number of toilets in schools has been set as a minimum of one toilet for every 60 students. However, this is far from being achieved. On average, schools in Bangladesh have half the number of toilets required. However, although 94 per cent of schools have latrines within the compound, a large number remain unusable because they are dirty or broken. In Bangladesh, the lack of separate latrines for girls and menstrual hygiene facilities in secondary schools are major factors in the disproportionate rate of absence and dropout of adolescent girls.
- UN Women and WSSCC Call for Global Action on Ending Menstruation Taboos and Reversing Neglect
- Feb/March 2015 selected studies on sanitation, hygiene & handwashing
- Waterlines, Jan 2015 issue on Menstrual Hygiene Management
- BRAC enters sanitation Hall of Fame
- Campaigning for better WASH in health care facilities
- Yes, hygiene and school enrolment are directly proportional