About WASH in Schools
This page provides background information on the WASH in Schools web site, the WASH in Schools Partnership, and how to join; and who to contact for more information.
The WASH in schools web site was started as a joint initiative of IRC and UNICEF and is now hosted by IRC with support from CARE USA. It serves as a discussion forum and an information exchange platform for sector professionals working in the field of WASH in Schools. The web site also aims to provide the opportunity for WASH in Schools Partnership members to share information on their events and programme activities linked to the Call to Action Campaign -which started in 2010- or beyond.
Selection of web sites of other organisations working on WASH in Schools issues.
Break the Silence Join the Discourse on Menstrual Management
NETWAS Uganda, DUTCH WASH Alliance, IRC, SNV and other partners are glad to invite you to the Uganda Conference on Menstrual Management on August 14 – 15, 2014. The conference venue is Africana Hotel Kampala, Kampala, Uganda. It is a moment for dialogue with water, hygiene and sanitation professionals who will explore how to achieve healthier, affordable and better results in menstrual management in schools, institutions and communities.
- Proceedings of the Menstrual Hygiene Management in Schools Virtual Conference
- Impact of WASH in improving health of school children reviewed
- Creative measures improve sanitation programmes in eight African countries
- Nov 21, 2013 – Virtual Menstrual Hygiene Management in WASH in Schools Conference
- Latin American and Caribbean countries agree on joint sanitation monitoring
- Equity of Access to WASH in Schools: A Comparative Study of Policy and Service Delivery