About WASH in Schools
This page provides background information on the WASH in Schools web site, the WASH in Schools Partnership, and how to join; and who to contact for more information.
The WASH in schools web site was started as a joint initiative of IRC and UNICEF and is now hosted by IRC. At intervals various organisations use this platform to promote their WASH in schools project documents among them CARE USA and Simavi. It serves as a discussion forum and an information exchange platform for sector professionals working in the field of WASH in Schools.
Selection of web sites of other organisations working on WASH in Schools issues.
School WASH programmes in Bangladesh: how much does it cost?
This study applies a life-cycle costs approach (LCCA) to the sanitation and hygiene activities undertaken in 117 schools in six selected upazilas (sub-districts) out of the 245 upazilas in Bangladesh where the BRAC WASH in schools programme operates.
- Sustainable Sanitation Alliance – Thematic Online Discussion: “Managing WASH in Schools – Is the Education Sector Ready?”
- Final reports from the USAID WASHplus Project
- The Dawn of a Sanitation Revolution in India – World Bank
- Sundara Fund: Attacking Hygiene Inequality Through Innovative Hand-Washing
- 22nd Meeting of the Sustainable Sanitation Alliance (SuSanA)
- Links to selected 2015 WEDC conference papers on sanitation