About WASH in Schools
This page provides background information on the WASH in Schools web site, the WASH in Schools Partnership, and how to join; and who to contact for more information.
The WASH in schools web site was started as a joint initiative of IRC and UNICEF and is now hosted by IRC with support from CARE USA. It serves as a discussion forum and an information exchange platform for sector professionals working in the field of WASH in Schools. The web site also aims to provide the opportunity for WASH in Schools Partnership members to share information on their events and programme activities linked to the Call to Action Campaign -which started in 2010- or beyond.
Selection of web sites of other organisations working on WASH in Schools issues.
A guide to menstrual management for school girls
This booklet by Annie Kanyemba has been written to help school girls manage the critical period when they enter adolescence between the ages of 10 and 14. It tells the story of young Ugandan girls.
- Creative measures improve sanitation programmes in eight African countries
- Latin American and Caribbean countries agree on joint sanitation monitoring
- Equity of Access to WASH in Schools: A Comparative Study of Policy and Service Delivery
- RFP: Research for Hygiene Behavioural Change among School Children in the Philippines
- SACOSAN-V – South Asian Conference on Sanitation, 11-13 November 2013, Kathmandu, Nepal
- WASH in Schools e-debate results feed into key international working groups