About WASH in Schools
This page provides background information on the WASH in Schools web site, the WASH in Schools Partnership, and how to join; and who to contact for more information.
The WASH in schools web site was started as a joint initiative of IRC and UNICEF and is now hosted by IRC with support from CARE USA. It serves as a discussion forum and an information exchange platform for sector professionals working in the field of WASH in Schools. The web site also aims to provide the opportunity for WASH in Schools Partnership members to share information on their events and programme activities linked to the Call to Action Campaign -which started in 2010- or beyond.
Selection of web sites of other organisations working on WASH in Schools issues.
Adjusting toilets for children
Toilet use by young children is often scary for both parents and children. One deterrent to use is a large opening. Yet there are few specific papers on making child-friendly toilet designs. Those available usually deal with school toilets.
- Final reports from the USAID WASHplus Project
- The Dawn of a Sanitation Revolution in India – World Bank
- Sundara Fund: Attacking Hygiene Inequality Through Innovative Hand-Washing
- 22nd Meeting of the Sustainable Sanitation Alliance (SuSanA)
- Links to selected 2015 WEDC conference papers on sanitation
- Last issue of the WASHplus Weekly