About WASH in Schools
This page provides background information on the WASH in Schools web site, the WASH in Schools Partnership, and how to join; and who to contact for more information.
The WASH in schools web site was started as a joint initiative of IRC and UNICEF and is now hosted by IRC with support from CARE USA. It serves as a discussion forum and an information exchange platform for sector professionals working in the field of WASH in Schools. The web site also aims to provide the opportunity for WASH in Schools Partnership members to share information on their events and programme activities linked to the Call to Action Campaign -which started in 2010- or beyond.
Selection of web sites of other organisations working on WASH in Schools issues.
The costs of water and sanitation in schools: Bangladesh
A study conducted in 2013 in 117 schools in six sub-districts in Bangladesh has looked into the costing of school facilities. It costs at least US$ 10 per student to construct water and sanitation facilities in schools. And another US$ 1.40 per student per year for all recurrent costs including continuous support for hygiene promotion.
- The Human Right to Water and Sanitation
- WASHplus Weekly: Focus on Menstrual Hygiene Management
- #MenstruationMatters in Bangladeshi schools
- Proceedings of the Menstrual Hygiene Management in Schools Virtual Conference 2014
- Advancing WASH in schools monitoring – new UNICEF publication
- Orlando Hernandez – Behavioral Challenges and Potential Solutions to Reach Universal Sanitation Coverage