WASH in Schools Conferences
Information and materials related to WASH in Schools conferences held around the globe.
From 24 – 27 April 2012, the Government of India and UNICEF organised a regional conference on WASH in Schools in South Asia, in New Delhi. The three day conference “WASH in all schools: Making it a reality” brought together more than 200 practitioners from countries in South Asia, to share and learn from experience, discuss issues and to develop a plan of action for accelerating WASH in all schools in the region.
Adjusting toilets for children
Toilet use by young children is often scary for both parents and children. One deterrent to use is a large opening. Yet there are few specific papers on making child-friendly toilet designs. Those available usually deal with school toilets.
- The Dawn of a Sanitation Revolution in India – World Bank
- Sundara Fund: Attacking Hygiene Inequality Through Innovative Hand-Washing
- 22nd Meeting of the Sustainable Sanitation Alliance (SuSanA)
- Links to selected 2015 WEDC conference papers on sanitation
- Last issue of the WASHplus Weekly
- Handwashing With a Water-Efficient Tap and Low-Cost Foaming Soap: The Povu Poa “Cool Foam” System in Kenya