WASH in Schools Conferences
Information and materials related to WASH in Schools conferences held around the globe.
From 24 – 27 April 2012, the Government of India and UNICEF organised a regional conference on WASH in Schools in South Asia, in New Delhi. The three day conference “WASH in all schools: Making it a reality” brought together more than 200 practitioners from countries in South Asia, to share and learn from experience, discuss issues and to develop a plan of action for accelerating WASH in all schools in the region.
The costs of water and sanitation in schools: Bangladesh
A study conducted in 2013 in 117 schools in six sub-districts in Bangladesh has looked into the costing of school facilities. It costs at least US$ 10 per student to construct water and sanitation facilities in schools. And another US$ 1.40 per student per year for all recurrent costs including continuous support for hygiene promotion.
- Breaking the Next Taboo: Menstrual Hygiene within CLTS
- The Human Right to Water and Sanitation
- WASHplus Weekly: Focus on Menstrual Hygiene Management
- #MenstruationMatters in Bangladeshi schools
- Proceedings of the Menstrual Hygiene Management in Schools Virtual Conference 2014
- Advancing WASH in schools monitoring – new UNICEF publication