Notes and News
Notes and News was published twice a year. It contains an overview of news, good practices, current information, knowledge and experiences for all involved or interested in WASH in Schools. Issues of Notes and News can be downloaded in English, French and Spanish. Funding for this news service has stopped on the 1st of January 2010. We are looking for alternative ways to continue. For suggestions, please contact us.
The costs of water and sanitation in schools: Bangladesh
A study conducted in 2013 in 117 schools in six sub-districts in Bangladesh has looked into the costing of school facilities. It costs at least US$ 10 per student to construct water and sanitation facilities in schools. And another US$ 1.40 per student per year for all recurrent costs including continuous support for hygiene promotion.
- Breaking the Next Taboo: Menstrual Hygiene within CLTS
- The Human Right to Water and Sanitation
- WASHplus Weekly: Focus on Menstrual Hygiene Management
- #MenstruationMatters in Bangladeshi schools
- Proceedings of the Menstrual Hygiene Management in Schools Virtual Conference 2014
- Advancing WASH in schools monitoring – new UNICEF publication