Call to Action
A Call to Action for WASH in Schools campaign (www.unicef.org/wash/schools) was launched in 2010 calling on decision makers to increase investments and on concerned stakeholders to plan and act in cooperation – so that all children go to a school with child-friendly water, sanitation and hygiene facilities.
Meeting report of the WASH in Schools meeting organised by IRC, UNICEF and WASH in Schools Partners in The Hague, Netherlands, 24th – 25th May 2011. Aim of the meeting being to encourage development partners to work on strategies to follow up the Call to Action for WASH in Schools.
Key challenges and recommendations that came out of the WASH in Schools meeting that was held from 24-25th of May 2011, in The Hague, The Netherlands.
This 2 day meeting aimed to bring together WASH in Schools advocates from various organisations based in Europe (Ministries, UN agencies, Academia, Foundations, and non-governmental organisations) to help development partners’ work on strategies to follow up the Call to Action for WASH in Schools.
Break the Silence Join the Discourse on Menstrual Management
NETWAS Uganda, DUTCH WASH Alliance, IRC, SNV and other partners are glad to invite you to the Uganda Conference on Menstrual Management on August 14 – 15, 2014. The conference venue is Africana Hotel Kampala, Kampala, Uganda. It is a moment for dialogue with water, hygiene and sanitation professionals who will explore how to achieve healthier, affordable and better results in menstrual management in schools, institutions and communities.
- Proceedings of the Menstrual Hygiene Management in Schools Virtual Conference
- Impact of WASH in improving health of school children reviewed
- Creative measures improve sanitation programmes in eight African countries
- Nov 21, 2013 – Virtual Menstrual Hygiene Management in WASH in Schools Conference
- Latin American and Caribbean countries agree on joint sanitation monitoring
- Equity of Access to WASH in Schools: A Comparative Study of Policy and Service Delivery