Call to Action
A Call to Action for WASH in Schools campaign (www.unicef.org/wash/schools) was launched in 2010 calling on decision makers to increase investments and on concerned stakeholders to plan and act in cooperation – so that all children go to a school with child-friendly water, sanitation and hygiene facilities.
Meeting report of the WASH in Schools meeting organised by IRC, UNICEF and WASH in Schools Partners in The Hague, Netherlands, 24th – 25th May 2011. Aim of the meeting being to encourage development partners to work on strategies to follow up the Call to Action for WASH in Schools.
Key challenges and recommendations that came out of the WASH in Schools meeting that was held from 24-25th of May 2011, in The Hague, The Netherlands.
This 2 day meeting aimed to bring together WASH in Schools advocates from various organisations based in Europe (Ministries, UN agencies, Academia, Foundations, and non-governmental organisations) to help development partners’ work on strategies to follow up the Call to Action for WASH in Schools.
Trigger magazine on Pan-Africa Programme
The Pan-Africa Programme (2010 – 2014) has set the ambitious target to facilitating 805 rural, 36 (peri)- urban communities and 742 schools in reaching the Open Defecation Free (ODF) status by the end of 2014. As a result 2.6 million people in 8 African countries would gain access to sanitation and improve their hygiene practices. This Trigger magazine is meant to inform a wider audience about the development of the Pan-Africa Programme and to share lessons learnt that could be useful in implementing similar CLTS projects.
- Impact of WASH in improving health of school children reviewed
- Creative measures improve sanitation programmes in eight African countries
- Latin American and Caribbean countries agree on joint sanitation monitoring
- Equity of Access to WASH in Schools: A Comparative Study of Policy and Service Delivery
- RFP: Research for Hygiene Behavioural Change among School Children in the Philippines
- SACOSAN-V – South Asian Conference on Sanitation, 11-13 November 2013, Kathmandu, Nepal