Events on WASH in Schools submitted by visitors
Let people know about your WASH in Schools event by adding it on this website.
UNICEF and Columbia Universisty,
Paschim Paaila and Environment and Public Health Organization (ENPHO), Kathmandu
Project Wet Foundation, Big Sky, Montana
Sanitation on the other side of the wall
A passionate school teacher took the lead in making his school a model in sanitation. However, the ground in front of the school is an open defecation area. This is the case at the government primary school in Madanpur Khadar, a resettlement colony on the periphery of Delhi. The school headmaster, Shamin Ahmed, with the support from a local NGO, CASP Plan (a Program Unit of Plan India), has made tremendous efforts towards improving the water and sanitation conditions in the school, which had very challenging circumstances. The headmaster has been proactive in mobilizing funds to make school toilets functional and water accessible to the children and taught them hygiene practices.
Ironically, while the efforts inside the school are towards a sanitized environment, the school boundary wall on the outside is used by the community members for open defecation.
- Proceedings of the Menstrual Hygiene Management in Schools Virtual Conference
- Impact of WASH in improving health of school children reviewed
- Creative measures improve sanitation programmes in eight African countries
- Nov 21, 2013 – Virtual Menstrual Hygiene Management in WASH in Schools Conference
- Latin American and Caribbean countries agree on joint sanitation monitoring
- Equity of Access to WASH in Schools: A Comparative Study of Policy and Service Delivery