Events on WASH in Schools submitted by visitors
Let people know about your WASH in Schools event by adding it on this website.
UN Water ,
WASH United ,
The Global Public-Private Partnership for Handwashing ,
World Toilet Organization ,
Water Integrity Network , Berlin
India Sanitation Coalition, Ecosan Services Foundation and the Indian Institute of Technology Madras together with the SuSanA Secretariat , Chennai
SIWI , Stockholm
Water Institute , Chapel Hill
From the borehole to the pond and back again
Rehabilitation of one primary school borehole has been successful but many others still depend on unreliable water.
Burungu is a rural primary school in Karambi Sub County of Kabarole district in Uganda with a population of over 420 pupils. Water is an absolute necessity for both the teachers and children. It is recommended that each pupil accesses at least 5 litres per day. However, the nearest source – a borehole just about 400 metres away from the school – cannot be relied upon. It breaks down frequently.
- Resources from Exploring how to address on-going taboos and silence around MHM for girls in school
- Recent WASH research
- 12th SuSanA Thematic Discussion: “Menstrual Hygiene Management (MHM) in Schools – A neglected issue”
- A WASH in Schools bibliography
- Recently published handwashing studies
- Changing behaviours: there is no quick fix!